Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Summer is here...

And don't I know it!  How, you ask?  I spent the first three days of my vacation sans air-conditioning and they just happened to be the hottest days of the year so far...triple digit heat index on all three days.  The upside is the AC is now fixed and I can go back to using my oven, making jam so I can spread a little summer on my winter toast, and scouring the farmers markets for juicy summer berries

I scored these at the local farmers market...the biggest, sweetest, juiciest blackberries I've seen this season.


These beauties were a gift from my friend Susan at work.  Picked straight off her own bushes
 It doesn't get any better than that!
and stone fruit like these beautiful, ripe, juicy Georgia peaches.  Check back in a day or two to see what I did with these.


I guess it's time to pull these out once again for inspiration...


What are you doing with your summer bounty?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't summer a great season??? And all the fruit... yum!!

Elizabeth - SugarHero.com said...

Oh my goodness, you produce looks beautiful! I can't believe I haven't made it to a farmer's market at all this summer--it's been dull grocery stores for me. Thanks for the inspiration!